This week we bring you some seriously yummy cupcakes, light and moist with delicious cream cheese frosting to finish. You can even make a dairy and gluten free version, using coconut oil instead of butter and gluten free flour - they'll turn out just as amazing!
175ml sunflower oil
175g light muscovado sugar
3 large free-range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g coarsely grated pumpkin flesh
grated zest 1 orange
200g self raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tsp ground cinnamon
For the frosting
200g tub full-fat cream cheese
85g icing sugar
blueberries or toasted chopped pecans to decorate (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Pour the oil into a large bowl and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat together, then add the grated pumpkin, sultanas and orange zest.
3. Stir in the cinnamon, flour and bicarbonate of soda, the mixture will be quite wet. Spoon into the cases.
4. Bake for 25 mins until firm and springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth then spread on top of the cupcakes.
6. Leave plain or decorate with blueberries or toasted pecans. Store in the fridge, but return to room temperature to serve for the best flavour and texture.
Recipe from Good Food Magazine, October 2011